Want to know how to update iTunes?
iTunes always notifies you whenever a new software update is available for iTunes. But unless you choose to update, these updates are not downloaded or installed on your device.
If anytime you find yourself in a position where you have disapproved update notification, and are in dire need to update iTunes, it can be easily done manually within the program itself or via online platforms.
Let me tell you how to update iTunes.
(click here to get iTunes gift cards for free)
1) How to Update iTunes on Mac
- Click on the iTunes icon present on your dock. If you cannot find the icon, select the Go option from your Finder menu, click carefully on the Applications(⇧ Shift+⌘ Command+A), go to iTunes and double-click on the icon.
- From the official iTunes menu bar, click iTunes, then Check for all the Updates. iTunes will now begin checking online for any updates. If there is an update available online, iTunes will ask for your permission want to download the latest version.
- Click on the Download iTunes to update to the newest version of iTunes.
2) How to Update iTunes on Windows PC
- Double-tap on the iTunes icon visible on your Desktop. If you cannot find the icon, press ⊞ the Win button to open your Start menu or Start screen, after that type iTunes into the search bar. Click on the iTunes logo from the list of installed Program results.
- From the iTunes menu, click on the Help for Updates. iTunes will now start looking for online updates. If there is an update available online, iTunes will ask for your permission to download the latest version.
- If you cannot see the menu bar, press Control+B to see it.
- Tap on the Download iTunes to update to the newest version of iTunes.
3) How to Update iTunes Online
- Using your web browser, go to http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/.
- Double Click on the blue Download Now button visible on the left side of the page to download iTunes. The webpage will select the latest version of iTunes for your operating systems automatically. There is no need to enter your e-mail address unless you want to subscribe to Apple’s official marketing e-mail lists.
- When your download is done, click and open the downloaded file and follow the installation instructions carefully to install iTunes.